Evening Skincare Routine

Thursday, March 13, 2014
If you read my Morning Skincare Routine yesterday, you'll know why this post has been long overdue. A mixture of technical problems and laziness were the main principles, but it's here at long last. Yet again, let's get a few of the boring bits out of the way. I have combination skin and if you're using this as a little suggestion on what to buy, you may not want to follow it 100%! This is just what works for my skin and every skin is different. I also have sensitive patches on my cheeks.


The first thing I do at night is take my makeup off using the Bioderma Micellaire Solution and some cotton pads. This takes off the bulk of my makeup and is really easy to remove eye makeup with as it doesn't sting in the slightest. I then follow this up with a small blob (so technical) of the Emma Hardie Amazing Face Moringa Cleansing Balm. This takes off any excess makeup that the Bioderma doesn't remove and smells amazing too.

Once I've cleansed, I take the La Roche-Posay Effeclar Duo and apply that on any blemishes. I then follow up with the same moisturiser, the Simple Kind To Skin Hydrating Light Moisturiser, and take that all over my skin and down to my neck, making sure that you pull upwards instead of drag down. Finally, I take the Simple Kind To Skin Soothing Eye Balm and apply that just beneath my eyes. Simple as that!

I exfoliate my face twice a week using the Liz Earle Gentle Face Exfoliator and rub that primarily on my T-zone. I also like to use a face mask once a week and if I'm having a pamper evening, I like to use a Lush fresh face mask. My favourite at the moment is probably the Cosmetic Warrior.