The Lipstick Emergency Kit

Monday, March 03, 2014
If you're a regular lipstick wearer, you'll soon realise that the next few words, you'll probably say every half an hour. "Is my lipstick smudged?" "Is my lipstick OK?" "Is it on my teeth?". If your friends/family are anything like my friends of family, they'll say the right answer just to shut you up... Cue the lipstick emergency kit.


The first thing you need is a little makeup bag. Mine's a Clinique one - gifted from my aunty, the Clinique obsessive. It's small enough to fit in any bag or even pocket, yet big enough to put a few brushes in. The next thing is a lipstick, of course the one you're wearing/you're going to be wearing just if you need a top-up. The worst thing is when you're having a drink and get that awful little gap on your bottom lip... Nip to the loo and pop on your lipstick and wa-hey, fine!

The next thing is a lip brush. I take this out instead of a lip liner and take a bit of lipstick on this to run around the edge of my lips if it gets smudged. I also find it handy to take out a concealer and a small foundation brush just to tidy up the edges and sort out that "I forgot I'm wearing lipstick and now it's stained all of my face" situation. It's also handy to take a little mirror. Mine actually says "Lipstick on teeth syndrome". How very fitting!

          

7 comments :

  1. I'd never thought of using concealer to clean up the edges but that's a perfect idea!

    xx
    www.thestyleduckling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always use that real techniques brush for my lipstick! makes applying so much easier x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had that real techniques brush lying around and haven't been sure what to do with it, great idea for the lipstick (: xx
    Stefanie | Casualllyawkward | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute idea, I love it! The RT detailed brush is just so perfect for lipstick application isn't it? I love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting and something I might do for an event I'm attending soon.

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, i'm definitely guilty of saying all three of those! (: xx

    A Little Treat | Beauty & Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I love reading your comments and always try to reply.
I do not do follow for follow - if you like my blog, feel free to follow. If i like your blog, i'll follow. Simple as that!

You're welcome to leave links to your blog but any spam comments will be deleted.