The Basics

Monday, May 05, 2014
After watching Anna's YouTube video on her capsule wardrobe, it inspired me to  make my own wardrobe more versatile. The only way I could think of doing this was to make sure I got all of the bases intact. Plus, a big wardrobe clear-out that produced 10 bin bags in 4 hours gave me a lot of inspiration! Here's just a quick list of the ultimate 'basics'.

//Plain t-shirts/vest tops. There's really nowhere you can go wrong with a few black and white (or coloured, if you prefer!) basic t-shirts. They go under and see through blouses, can be worn just with shorts when it's hot and you can pick them up for about £2. I've found that the best places to shop for these are H&M and good old Primark.
//Stripes. OK, this is probably one of my favourites out of all basics. I love how although you're still wearing monochrome, you can zhush it up a bit with a t-shirt, costing as must as £8.
//Jeans. I noticed that in my wardrobe clear-out, I had so many jeans in different cuts, styles and sizes. To me, that's the best way to do it - they go with everything and are so comfortable. My favourites? Topshop's Joni jeans.
//Leggings. Love them or hate them, they're good to throw on when you have nothing else to wear.
//Trainers. One of my favourite all-time looks is when you wear complete basics. A white vest top with a pair of jeans and white Converse. It looks so fresh yet is so cheap and easy to wear!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love reading your comments and always try to reply.
I do not do follow for follow - if you like my blog, feel free to follow. If i like your blog, i'll follow. Simple as that!

You're welcome to leave links to your blog but any spam comments will be deleted.