Stuck In A Creative Rut?

Sunday, June 08, 2014

We've all been there. "My blog needs updating as I haven't posted in a while but I can't think of anything to post... Help!". Trust me, I go through phases like this almost every other week but I like to use these little tips to help me get out of a little creative rut and come back with fresh, imaginative and new content. Let's face it, making sure a new post is published every other day is exhausting. I don't know how daily bloggers do it!

  • Take your camera and go for a walk, photographing anything and everything.
  • Don't force things - forced posts are noticable.
  • Read other blogs and take inspiration.
  • If necessary, use a filler topic like a wishlist. It should keep your blog covered for an extra few days.
  • Read a book!
  • Brainstorm. Get as many ideas as you can down on paper when you're at your most creative, then come back to it as a source of inspiration for when you're stuck.
  • Pinterest.
  • Take time off! You don't have to feel pressure to blog. It's your blog. You make the rules.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love reading your comments and always try to reply.
I do not do follow for follow - if you like my blog, feel free to follow. If i like your blog, i'll follow. Simple as that!

You're welcome to leave links to your blog but any spam comments will be deleted.