MAC Lipstick Collection

Saturday, October 25, 2014
MAC Lipsticks

MAC lipsticks are something that I feel like I've been collecting for years and I love the satisfaction of seeing them all nicely co-ordinated in my makeup storage. If you're yet to purchase a lipstick from MAC, go for it! Although they have been slowly increasing in price over the past few years - does anyone remember when they were £11 - £13?! - they're worth every penny to me! Of course I have my favourites and I have done a post dedicated to each lipstick but I though that it'd be nice to do a round-up of them all.

I'll start from nudes to bolder lip colours and the first one I have is Creme D'Nude. This lipstick was actually my second MAC lipstick and I'm personally not a huge fan. I wouldn't recommend this for people with a similar skin tone as me (ghostly pale!) because this is more on the beigy side of nudes which tends to look a bit concealer-lip like. The pinker sister of Creme D'Nude is Creme Cup which I prefer so much more. This suits my skin much better and for days when I'm slightly more tanned, the two mixed together look lovely. My favourite ever nude lipstick is Patisserie and I expressed my love for this in a post I wrote last month. I'd heard so many people talk about this and decided that I needed to try it out and I'm still as in love with it as ever. It's very moisturizing and has a lovely gloss finish, something that I love in a nude lipstick.

Moving on to coloured lipsticks I have Ravishing, a lipstick that I loved last year but am not too keen on now. It looks lovely on paler skin in the Winter for something a bit unusual but I find it a bit difficult to work with. Even though it is a Creemsheen formula it tends to show up all of the texture on my lips - not good when it's Winter time and lip balm isn't cutting it! Lovelorn is another shade I have which I would describe as a more opaque version of Creme Cup. I don't reach for this as much as the other shades and I have no idea why because I'm surprised by how much I like it when I wear it.

Now we're onto the main event - bold lips. If I'm looking for a bold lip colour, I always look to MAC as they have almost every shade you could possibly think of and they're not mega expensive. Russian Red, which I only just recently rediscovered after learning it was hiding under my bed for 3 months, is my all-time favourite red lipstick that I think looks amazing in the Winter on my skin tone. It's majorly blue-toned which gives the teeth-whitening illusion and it's matte. What more could a girl want from a red lip? If you're a real lover of the bold lips and are looking for something a bit more on the purple side, Rebel will be your best bet. When I bought this last year I wore it non-stop and it's already being cracked out for this Winter - I love it!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love reading your comments and always try to reply.
I do not do follow for follow - if you like my blog, feel free to follow. If i like your blog, i'll follow. Simple as that!

You're welcome to leave links to your blog but any spam comments will be deleted.