Pumpkin Vase

Wednesday, October 29, 2014
Pumpkin Vase 1

Autumn is my favourite season for many reasons but the one that always comes to mind first is Halloween. We rarely decorate the house to celebrate it, much to my dismay, because my mum is very keen on maintaining her show-home, monochrome standards. I love Halloween and all that it entails so I was determined to sneak a bit of orange into the house somehow. After a session on Pinterest that somehow ended being 3 hours long (I don't know how I do it), I came across a few pumpkin vases. I love the way that they look so I decided to make one for myself!

Pumpkin Vase 2 Pumpkin Vase 3

The vase itself is actually so easy to make, all you need is a bunch of flowers and a pumpkin. I opted for yellow, white and orange flowers because I thought they looked more seasonal & fitting with the shade of pumpkin. I also added a small witch that came with another house plant that I bought but you can find some accessories from the Halloween section in any big supermarket and add that to the flowers.

Simply, you just have to cut the top of the pumpkin and scoop the inside bits out, just as you would do if you were carving shapes into it. Then, chop the bottoms of the flowers so that they fit within the pumpkin and arrange them how you like. Once you're done, just mix the sachet of flower food that comes with the flowers with a bit of water and pour it into the inside of the pumpkin. This makes sure that your flowers don't wilt and stay healthy! There's so many variations and alterations you could do with this - you could decorate the pumpkin with permanent markers, make shapes with washi tape or even tie a ribbon around it. Have fun with it!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love reading your comments and always try to reply.
I do not do follow for follow - if you like my blog, feel free to follow. If i like your blog, i'll follow. Simple as that!

You're welcome to leave links to your blog but any spam comments will be deleted.