The Ultimate Red Lip

Saturday, October 18, 2014
The Ultimate Red

Last year if you'd have told me that I'd be wearing a bold lip to nip to the supermarket, I'd have laughed in your face. Up until I bought this lipstick, me and bold lips rarely mixed. This was the first MAC lipstick I ever bought, meaning I threw myself in the deep end and it would always have a special place in my heart. I promised myself that I'd get my money's worth - spending £15 on a lipstick to a 14 year old non-working girl is a lot of money! To build myself up to wearing this out of the house and actually getting use out of it, I'd wear it during the day inside and get used to looking in a mirror rocking a bright red lip - it worked! I now feel so comfortable wearing this and is my go-to lipstick for when I want a little something extra.

It's no surprise to me that Russian Red is one of MAC's best selling products. It seems really thick when you first apply it but once it's on, it stays putt and doesn't need re-applying for at least 4-5 hours. I apply this with the Real Techniques Fine Liner brush to get the precision around my lips - a bold lip doesn't quite have the same effect if it's sloppily applied! This is also such an amazing lip colour for making your teeth appear much lighter because it's a very blue-toned red. Also, every time I wear this out I get complimented on it & people ask what shade it is. That must be saying something!

What's your favourite red lipstick?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love reading your comments and always try to reply.
I do not do follow for follow - if you like my blog, feel free to follow. If i like your blog, i'll follow. Simple as that!

You're welcome to leave links to your blog but any spam comments will be deleted.