Party Season Must-Haves

Monday, December 15, 2014
Party Season Picks

The festive season has always been my favourite for makeup because it's acceptable to rock a bold lip and a bit of glitter. I've compiled 5 of my must-have makeup products for the party season, appropriate for whether you want to go heavy on the eyes or wear a bright red lip! There really is something for every one here and this is definitely what I shall be using over this Christmas!

The first item I couldn't not mention is NARS' Sheer Glow foundation. A classic staple in so many makeup collections and rightly so. Christmas is the time for a bit of luxury and you could squeeze yours in via this - you won't regret it! I've been saving this for special occasions as I'm so in love with it. It applies like a dream, lasts amazingly and gives off a lovely, radiant, my-skin-but-better glow. Again for the base is NARS' Laguna bronzer. After my love-hate relationship with this, I'm back to loving it. A gorgeous bronzer that gives a nice, natural bronzed cheek.

When it comes to eyes, I'll be using The Body Shop 4 Step Smokey Eye* palette in Smokey Brown. I mentioned this a while back on my blog and said that I loved it and it's still true to this day. It gives a gorgeous golden brown smokey look, but if you can't get your hands on this (it's pretty hard to track down!), I'd recommend the Naked palette for the golden/brown shades.

Lip-wise I have two options: the Rimmel lip liner in Black Tulips or the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Hot Pepper. Black Tulips has become my latest obessions as wearing it on it's own gives a gorgeous, matte lip shade that isn't too drying. Hot Pepper is more Christmassy of the two with it's bright red colour but the formulation of this is second to none. Not to mention the lasting power of both of these products - you're able to pig-out on all of the food you'd like without smearing lipstick all over your face. Result!

What will you be wearing this Christmas - bold eye or bright lip?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love reading your comments and always try to reply.
I do not do follow for follow - if you like my blog, feel free to follow. If i like your blog, i'll follow. Simple as that!

You're welcome to leave links to your blog but any spam comments will be deleted.