A Beauty Detox

Tuesday, January 13, 2015
Sweater Weather

I'm sorry - it's only January 13th and I bet you're already sick of the sight of the word 'detox', but it's the only word I can think of as I'm writing this post! Don't get me wrong, I love makeup, nails and everything in the realms of beauty but I just think I'm in need of a detox. I've conjured up a few steps that I've taken over the past few days and a few you could use too, to kick start your mini-detox and give your face some TLC.

The first step is to get that makeup off! Take your favourite cleanser and use it to wipe away all of the products that are on your face until there's nothing left. Follow up with your skincare routine and a generous amount of moisturiser to hydrate your skin after all those late nights over the Christmas period! I like to use the Simple Kind To Skin moisturiser, but any will do. An important tip when it comes to applying moisturiser is to apply it to your neck to prevent pre-mature wrinkles.

Of course, a necessary step in any detox routine is to drink water. I won't sit and lecture you all about the benefits of water because I'm sure you all know that already, but it really does wonders to the body, especially your skin. One benefit that is definitely worth knowing is how healthy, plump and youthful it makes your face look. I don't know about you but that sounds good to me!

The final step is to take some time off. Spend your weekend relaxing in pyjamas, watching Netflix without a scrap of makeup on. Give yourself (and your skin) a break and let it breathe. I'm sure that by the time Monday morning rolls around you'll feel great!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love reading your comments and always try to reply.
I do not do follow for follow - if you like my blog, feel free to follow. If i like your blog, i'll follow. Simple as that!

You're welcome to leave links to your blog but any spam comments will be deleted.