A Dupe For Yu?

Wednesday, January 14, 2015
A Dupe For Yu Comparison

Dupes. One thing that we're all on the look out for because let's face it, not everyone can afford £30 on the latest lipstick release. When I received the NARS Digital World lip pencil set for Christmas I noticed that one of the shades was strikingly similar to a lipstick that I already had in my collection. Bourjois' Rouge Edition Velvet in the shade Ole Flamingo! is incredibly similar to NARS' Yu - result! I've found an amazing dupe that I can't wait to show you today that's less than a fraction of the price!

NARS' offering of the hot pink lip colour is in pencil form, a definite favourite lipstick formula of mine - whereas Bourjois' take is in a liquid form. Both lipsticks have an amazingly similar colour, finish and wear time (as similar as they possibly could be), making them the perfect dupes. Out of the two I would say that Yu (NARS) is slightly more purple toned than Ole Flamingo (Bourjois) but once they're on the lips you can't tell them apart. Both lipsticks also dry matte and have a long-lasting stain on the lips.

What do you think about these two? With the £10 price difference I think they're pretty amazing dupes! P.S, ignore the messy lip swatch - my lips are a mess at the moment!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love reading your comments and always try to reply.
I do not do follow for follow - if you like my blog, feel free to follow. If i like your blog, i'll follow. Simple as that!

You're welcome to leave links to your blog but any spam comments will be deleted.