Upping My Brow Game

Tuesday, January 06, 2015


If there's one thing I struggle to master when it comes to the whole makeup shindig, it's brows. I like to think that one day it'll be laughable to look back on the current state of my brows but for now it's no laughing matter, especially when I wake up looking like a caveman. On my whole 'brow journey' since first getting them waxed, there's been highs and lows (including the time when I got them done at a salon and they looked like upside down Nike ticks) but I like to think that I'm moving up in the whole brow-game.

One of the products worth mentioning that have improved the look of my brows is the Rimmel Brow This Way kit, a recent addition to my makeup collection. It's said to be an amazing dupe for Benefit's Browzings at just a fraction of the price & it's surprisingly easy to use. The little kit comes with a wax, a powder and two small brushes, perfect for brows-on-the-go. As for staying power it's great and keeps those tiny stray hairs in place all day.

Anastasia's Brow Wiz has been a firm favourite of mine this year and again, is super easy to use. Although this is slightly more expensive at £15.50, the steep price tag is worth it to me as you get an amazingly fine nib to add individual hairs & one of the best brow spoolies I've ever tried - the spoolie is that good that I kept it solely for that reason, even though it ran out in April! Their DipBrow pomade is a relatively new addition to my collection and although I haven't used it enough to give you a full review, I'm liking it so far!

If you're on a tighter budget & can't justify the price of Brow Wiz, Soap & Glory's Brow Archery is the next-best thing. This little pen comes with a felt-tip nib and a waxy pencil to fill in the brows. I like to use the felt-tip to fill in any sparse areas and then the pencil side to set them in place. Altogether this takes a maximum of two minutes - a perfect little product to chuck in a bag if you're running late!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love reading your comments and always try to reply.
I do not do follow for follow - if you like my blog, feel free to follow. If i like your blog, i'll follow. Simple as that!

You're welcome to leave links to your blog but any spam comments will be deleted.