The Worst Beauty Advice I've Ever Heard

Saturday, February 28, 2015
worst beauty advice, beauty for beginners,

I've been reading blogs for around 4 years. If there's one thing I've heard time and time again, it's bad beauty advice. Whether it coming from other bloggers, family/friends or even makeup counter professionals, there are just somethings I still struggle to understand. I'd just like to say that these are my opinions only - if you think you look great doing one of these, go for it! It's all personal preferences :)

DON'T USE CONDITIONER   I've tried this one for myself. I was in Year 8 of high school and it took me 30 minutes every morning to get my mane under control - it was disastrous. I was told that using conditioner would make your hair easier to manage, felt smoother and that it would take longer for your hair greasy... How ironic that not using conditioner did all of those I just mentioned!

EYES OR LIPS   This is one my mum has been waffling on about since I was little - "You should wear either bold eyes or bold lips. Wearing both makes you look a mess". I have never believed that... Have you seen this photo? Case and point.

NATURAL BLUSH   Another one that I've tried first hand. I remember when I was about 13 , I read that pinching your cheeks give you a natural blush. Even though it does give you red, flushed cheeks, it's not a pretty sight when you're sat squeezing your cheeks for 30 minutes. I'm also guessing it's not the best thing to do if you're after healthy skin.

OILY SKIN? NO MOISTURISER!   People with oily skin don't need to moistuise. Again, completely wrong! Just because your skin is oily, it doesn't mean it's perfectly hydrated. All skin types need moisturizing, from dry to combination to oily!

DARKER FOUNDATION  I'm sure I don't have to explain this but I read somewhere that using a darker foundation shade makes your head look smaller.... Let's move on.

SAINT GERMAIN SUITS EVERYONE   I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the biggest fan of Saint Germain and I've only seen a handful of people that can actually pull it off. It's definitely not for everyone! If you can pull this off, I salute you!

What's the worst beauty advice you've ever heard?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love reading your comments and always try to reply.
I do not do follow for follow - if you like my blog, feel free to follow. If i like your blog, i'll follow. Simple as that!

You're welcome to leave links to your blog but any spam comments will be deleted.