Fleur de Force: The Glam Guide

Friday, March 27, 2015
Whilst on a mother-daughter trip this weekend (isn't that how all new things are bought?), I finally tracked down & bought Fleur de Force's Glam Guide. This has been on my wishlist since I saw Charlee's review, plus I knew that the cover would look gorgeous on my dressing table... I'm a sucker for pink & purple pastels!

fleur de force book review, fleur de force, the glam guide, the glam guide book review

I have to admit, I only discovered Fleur's blog last year & although I don't follow it religiously, I'm still a fan. I still find it so amazing that bloggers are pretty much changing the media - books, TV interviews & tours? It's crazy to me!

The beauty-addict in me was screaming when I saw the contents of the book, with a few whole chapters based solely on hair, makeup and skincare. There's everything from how to chose a concealer, DIY face masks & even how to look good in a photo because let's face it, not everyone can look like a supermodel every day! 

fleur de force book review, fleur de force, the glam guide, the glam guide book review

Another of my favourite sections is the one on fashion. I posted last week about How to Define Your Personal Style which got a pretty amazing response, so I'm guessing that many readers of this blog would love this chapter. My favourite section of this book is the 'how to shop for jeans' section. Before I bought my Topshop Joni Jeans (which I practically live in!), all I wore was leggings. I had no idea how to find jeans that suited me - I wish I had this book 2 years ago!

fleur de force book review, fleur de force, the glam guide, the glam guide book review

One of the things I love most about this book is the lifestyle section where Fleur talks about relationships, body image, and my favourite of them all; self-confidence. There's some amazing tips in here - my favourite being to take risks. She explains that pushing yourself can do the world of good & the process being confidence-building, which I definitely agree with. There's a small section on blogging & YouTube where Fleur discusses how to grow an audience & equipment you'll need to start up.

Overall I'm so happy that I bought this book. If you're into beauty, fashion, cute illustrations and lifestyle tips, this would be perfect for you!

What's your favourite beauty book?