Highlight & Contour for Pale Skin

Friday, March 06, 2015
the balm mary-lou manizer mac omega nylon review highlight contour pale skin

When you're that pale you're almost see-through, highlighting & contouring can be a difficult task. I've made no secret of the fact that I've found it almost impossible to find a routine that works for my skin tone & after almost three years of searching, I think I've found it. It's been a long process but I've found my dream-team!

The product I use to contour is MAC's Omega eye shadow... I know what you're thinking - "why is she telling me to use an eye shadow on my cheeks?" but trust me, it works! I've found that most bronzers in general are too orange toned to be used as a contour shade, which should be a cool, matte, grey-toned shade. That's exactly what Omega is, just in eye shadow form. Because it's an eyeshadow it has a completely natural finish & I personally find it easier to blend out than an actual bronzer. I told you - there's a method in my madness!

For highlight, I've also documented my stuggle with finging the perfect one. MAC's Soft and Gentle was way too orange/champagney-toned for my skin and it just looked like a super-shimmery bronzer... Not a good look! I've found two perfect highlight shades for pale skin, one of which being theBalm's Mary Lou-Manizer. I've been using this since Christmas and every day that I've worn makeup, I've worn this. It's the most natural, healthy-looking highlight I've used that just adds glow, not colour. If you're a fan of an intense highlight, Nylon will be your best friend. It's what I use for a more dramatic look and again, it blends perfectly as it's an eyeshadow!

P.S > I've just launched my Blog Resource Library! It contains hundreds of free resources for bloggers & creatives, filed under different sections. If you'd like any of your links added, email me at elisedcontact@gmail.com. Enjoy! :)


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love reading your comments and always try to reply.
I do not do follow for follow - if you like my blog, feel free to follow. If i like your blog, i'll follow. Simple as that!

You're welcome to leave links to your blog but any spam comments will be deleted.