5 Things I've Learnt Since I Started Blogging

Tuesday, March 10, 2015
what i've learnt since starting a blog, blogging, how to start a blog

IT TAKES TIME   This is definitely one of the most time-consuming hobbies I've ever had and writing a blog seriously is hard work. When it comes to planning, photographing, editing, drafting and publishing, each post can take anywhere from 2-3 hours. Now imagine doing that for a post every other day! I never complain though as it's also one of the most rewarding hobbies I've ever had and it means I get to speak to so many new people whilst still in my comfort zone.

MOTIVATION CAN BE HARD TO FIND    Don't worry, it will come to you soon! If you're feeling uninspired and don't know where to start / what to do with your blog, take a break. Carry a notepad around with you (or the notes on your phone!) and don't rush it because forced posts are noticeable!

DO WHAT YOU LOVE    This is only a technique I've found and been trying over the past 4 months or so and I think it's the most important. I started my blog as a beauty & lifestyle blog and since then it's gone from food and recipes to cats and days in the life. I've found that once you've decided on a 'theme', it can be quite restricting. On my blog I try to mix in everything that I love and try not to label it, therefore I can have as much freedom as I want with the content I put out.

YOU DON'T NEED A SCHEDULE    The amount of times I read posts that begin with "Sorry I haven't posted in a while but..." drives me insane. It's your blog - it's up to you how often you post, be that once a week or once a month!

YOU'RE CONSTANTLY LEARNING    I'll be the first to admit that I don't know half as much as I'd like to when it comes to blogging. There's no secret formula, no matter how many e-courses promise that your blog will improve massively once you've finished it. It's all about trial and error. Experiment. See what you like, how you want your tone to sound and who you write to.


HAVE YOU READ THESE?
- 25 Free Resources for Bloggers
- Blogger vs. Disqus Commenting Systems
- 10 Quick Ways to Improve Your Blog


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love reading your comments and always try to reply.
I do not do follow for follow - if you like my blog, feel free to follow. If i like your blog, i'll follow. Simple as that!

You're welcome to leave links to your blog but any spam comments will be deleted.