The Easy Summer-Glow Tan

Saturday, April 04, 2015

It's been well-documented on my Twitter feed that I'm a fake-tan newbie. The last time I tried it was when I was in Year 8, dousing my legs in a thick brown goo and ending up with streaks when it rained. Trust me, it's a good thing that I have no photos - you'd be shocked at how bad it actually was. That whole experience has put me off fake tanning for the past five years until recently, when I decided that I'd had enough of being ghostly pale.

Because my skin is bright white, most self tanners look absolutely hideous on me. I've heard great things about the St Tropez Gradual Tan, so I thought that whilst I'm still able to cover my legs (if needed), I'd give it a go. Unlike the tanners I used back in the day, it's so easy to apply and doesn't end up streaky whatsoever. It's an everyday lotion but I only use it every 3-4 days because it's quite expensive, but I think the key to making your tan last longer is keeping your skin moisturised.

Overall I'm so shocked that I've finally found a self-tan that doesn't make me look like an extra in TOWIE. A nice, natural glow is more my style!

What's your favourite fake tan?