What I Learnt From An Internet Detox

Sunday, May 17, 2015


If you've been checking in back on the blog over the past week (which let's face it, you probably haven't), you may have noticed that I've been absent with no new posts being published. Since starting my 'internet detox' last week, I've taken a step back from all internet forms and to be truthful, it's felt good.

I felt like I became stuck in a rut with my blog, churning out the same content day after day. When my scheduled posts had ran out and I had nothing left in my bank of posts, I did the opposite of what I'd usually do and not stress about it. I gave myself a whole week to do nothing that involved anything mega internet-related and not to stress about things and I've come back feeling much more refreshed. Here's a couple of things I learnt during my mini-break:

-  Relaxing is fun.
-  As much as I love blogging, family is more important.
-  Blogging is a hobby, not a chore.
-  The world will go on, even if you don't schedule anything!
-  I'm a quick reader, to the point where I read 4 books in a matter of days.
-  There are more important things than Instagramming your breakfast.

What do you do when you switch the internet off?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love reading your comments and always try to reply.
I do not do follow for follow - if you like my blog, feel free to follow. If i like your blog, i'll follow. Simple as that!

You're welcome to leave links to your blog but any spam comments will be deleted.