5 Things to Do When You're Out and Have No Internet

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Is there actually a life offline? So many times when I'm stuck without internet or I've ran out of data, I feel lost. There's times when I've been on 2 hour-long bus journeys with no internet or WiFi, and I've questioned everything from the point of a dinosaur's existence to who names colours. If you're stuck in the same boat as me and are wondering what life was before the Internet, I've compiled a list of fun things to do when you've ran out of internet.

People-watch

Ever since I was little, one of my favourite things to do is to people-watch. When I was younger my mum could actually take me to a cafe, buy me a drink and I'd sit for hours just watching people and eavesdropping on their conversations. It's a fun way to pass time!

Guess their life

Another fun thing I like to do ties in with people-watching. I do this really random thing where I pick a person and try and guess their life, from their ages and jobs to family. I also think it's where I get my creative thinking from because sometimes I try and guess their lives and where they're off to. Call me crazy but it keeps me entertained!

Go exploring

Maybe not the best idea for keeping yourself occupied on the way to work, but if you're at home with no internet & nothing to do, get your coat on and explore! One of my favourite things to do when I'm bored is go for a walk. Even if it's in your own town/village, put your earphones in and walk. You're bound to find something you haven't noticed before, even if you do drive past it multiple times a day!

Talk to people around you

This is the one I'm trying to get used to more. As many of you know who read this blog I used to have really bad social anxiety, so I try my best to push myself out of my comfort zones even when I think I've overcome it. A few weeks ago I had a conversation with a lady on the bus, where we spent about 15 minutes talking about her house and how she's decorating her living room. It's such a small, relatively easy thing to do and definitely keeps you entertained - you meet some characters!

Draw on bus windows

Ok, maybe there's another thing that only I do. This point is what I always do when I'm travelling on the bus in the Winter and have no internet - I leave small drawings and messages on the bus from myself, to myself. Probably really weird to the people around me and the people who sit in my seat next, but it cures my boredom!

What do you do when you're bored? I'd love to know some suggestions. As always, I'm due to run out of data so I need some inspiration!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love reading your comments and always try to reply.
I do not do follow for follow - if you like my blog, feel free to follow. If i like your blog, i'll follow. Simple as that!

You're welcome to leave links to your blog but any spam comments will be deleted.